Visitors are invited to meet a competent team of foundry experts and experience an in depth presentation of innovative foundry solutions in Hall A1-A3 at Booth D07.
Highly productive PUNB-binder system
Known for its exceptional quality and almost fully controllable curing reactions, PEP SET has long been the standard in no-bake excellence. When used in an automated production line (roller loop or turntable), PEP SET can produce fully cured molds with minimum cycle times. Speed, application flexibility and overall ease of use undeniably make PEP SET ideal for satisfying any core and mold-making requirements.
Increased yield and productivity with EXACTCAST mini-riser technology
Frequently, fiber sleeves are used in steel casting applications. These conventional sleeves contain, in addition to the fibers, rice husks that may lead to casting defects. Moreover, these slurry sleeves do not utilize their full volume for counteracting shrinkage defects, with the result that the effective yield is only 30%. The remaining 70% of the volume is used to maintain the heat in the 30% of the molten metal needed for feeding.
This is exactly where the cold-box bonded EXACTCAST KMV mini-risers come in, offering a fiber-free solution for steel casting. The volume at the riser can be reduced without loss to the feeding performance (Fig.1). The exothermic compound replaces the non-feeding material and maintains the metal in its molten state. The KMV mini-risers, therefore, present an efficient and reliable alternative to conventional slurry sleeves.
EXACTCAST OPTIMA risers, available as a water-glass or cold-box version, noticeably increase efficiency in foundries. These mini-risers are fitted with a loose metal part in the bottom section (nozzle) and a rigid pin designed to achieve an exactly defined breaking point. They also reduce fettling costs. A further benefit is the virtually frictionless sleeve and the integrated riser cap of the EXACTCAST OPTIMA, which prevent crumbling particles from falling into the mold during the compaction process. Riser applications with rigid pins usually destroy the riser during compaction, and crumbling particles from the riser can fall into the mold, which needs to be purged with air afterwards. This can also happen when using spring pins under high compaction pressures. EXACTCAST OPTIMA risers, by contrast, are fitted with a cover of non-friable material, preventing mold contamination and related casting defects and thereby raising the cycle times of the molding systems.
Environmentally-friendly release agent BENTOGLISS 121
The ASK Chemicals release agent BENTOGLISS 121 is particularly suited to the south-east Asian market, which hosts a considerable number of green sand foundries. The demolding process is provided with effective support through the use of modern and highly effective release agents. ASK Chemicals offers a solvent-free release agent, BENTOGLISS 121, principally for bentonite-bound molds. Without the need for chemical additives, the release agent minimizes the impact of environmentally hazardous, volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Using this release agent also facilitates the molding process by significantly reducing adhesive forces between the model and mold walls. This, in turn, reduces wear and tear on molding tools and contributes to their greater durability. Overall, maintenance costs for the models are reduced many times over.
UDICELL filter technology
Last but not least, UDICELL filter products will be displayed at ASK Chemicals’ booth at INDOMETAL. In particular, the fully sintered UDICELL foam ceramic filters, produced from partially stabilized zirconium oxide (PSZ) are the first choice for use in steel and iron foundries. Thanks to their chemical, thermal and mechanical robustness, UDICELL filters have a very high load capacity and enhance efficiency during the production of steel castings and medium to large iron castings as well as in investment casting. In addition, the latest UDICELL tubular filter technology (Fig. 2) will be staged in Jakarta. UDICELL tubular foam ceramic filters are perfectly suited to the secure filtering of large quantities of liquid metal and feature a unique, value-added design. The advantages of this design include more than three times the filter area compared to a conventional plate-shaped filter of the same size, a self-supporting geometry, minimized risk of filter breakage, a compact structure, and a quick and easy installation.Back to the news